Show off your artistic talent
And Win the chance to conduct at supersónic 2016…
…Plus a £10 book token!
Do you fancy conducting the supersónic orchestra? Enter our free art competition to win a chance to do just that – wave a baton with our new summer school orchestra, and even get a little coaching from our conductor, too!
Here’s what you could win:
- The chance to have a go conducting in the final concert of our supersónic summer school this July
- Free conducting coaching from the són Artistic Director
- A £10 book token
- Two runners up will each receive a £5 book token
- Entrants will have their work showcased on this very website
Anyone can enter, as long as they’re under the age of 16 on the closing date (see below). It will be judged by established artist and children’s author, James Mayhew, who presents and live-paints at our Midsummer Night’s Dream Family Concert – coming to Southampton on June 18th.
The rocket picture above is by James – maybe it inspires you to get painting?
If so, have a think about these things:
- Make sure anything you paint, draw or produce has the theme “supersonic”
- Entries must be a copy of your own original artwork, and can be sent to us either scanned or photographed
- Submit your entry by clicking the paintbrush button below and adding an image of your artwork as an attachment
- Please include your name, age and whether you’re already a part of supersónic (or not) to your application
- The winner will be offered the chance to conduct an item during the final concert of supersónic – starting at 3pm on 23rd July 2016
- Closing date is 21st June 2016 (1 month before supersónic begins)
- The winner will be announced by 28th June 2016 and notified by email
- All entrants are invited to display their artwork as part of the final concert of supersónic – at the time and date above
- click here for full Terms & Conditions
Remember, your artwork should have a theme of “supersonic” – but it can feature anything you want it to. You can use paint, pastels, pencils, even a collage – whatever suits your style best. All we ask is that it’s flat (ie not a sculpture or similar creation). Choose something which goes very fast – perhaps a rocket, aeroplane or a racing car. And, if you wish, you can add some musical things to your work too, because the són supersónic is an orchestra, of course. You could even have an orchestra in a spaceship – the ideas are endless…
So, get cracking with your paints, pastels and pencils everyone – we can’t wait to see what you all come up with!
click the paintbrush to enter: